Cavity Wall Insulation
Cavity Wall Insulation Specialists
Improving wall insulation is an excellent way to make long-term savings and improve the heat and comfort levels of your home. There are three main methods of wall insulation, depending on the type of wall and the type of house: Cavity Fill, Internal and External. Cavity walls are made of two layers with a gap or cavity between them. Where a cavity exists our blown silver Thermobead system is offered as the best and most cost effective insulation solution whether in a new build or existing home.
Our Thermobead System is one of the highest preforming systems on the market. With full NSAI accreditation, we offer the quality of product and service you would expect from one of the most well-established insulation system installers in Ireland.
What is Cavity Wall Insulation?
Cavity wall insulation is a straightforward process which will have minimal disruption to the home. The operation only takes one day to complete, high quality bead insulation with an adhesive is pumped under applied pressure into the cavity through a series of holes from the outside until the cavity is full.
The adhesive sets forming the beads into a bonded mass which will not shrink or settle or be effected by any outer brick work alterations or window replacements. Our team will fill the injection holes to match the existing plaster finish or brick joints as closely as possible. The ability of bead to flow under applied pressure through drilled holes means it fills every void, producing a complete full fill every time, with no cold spots. Using the highest quality raw materials and the best bonding agent available, we can consistently deliver a high performance cavity bead system.
What are the Main Benefits of Cavity Wall Insulation?
Cavity Wall Insulation creates an insulation envelope around the home. Because the heat can no longer escape through the cavity, it is reflected back into the living areas, creating a constant warm home. It has various advantages which include improving the airtightness of a home (i.e. elimination of unwanted draughts through the building fabric), as well as substantially increasing the thermal performance of a dwelling.
With up to 35% heat lost through walls, Cavity wall insulation can help reduce your heating bills by up to 40%. It can also reduce your carbon footprint by cutting your CO2 emissions by up to 2.5 tonnes per year.
What are Typical Costs?
Typical cost of cavity wall insulation for a 3 bed semi-detached house is €700 and there is a potential SEAI grant of €300 (terms and conditions apply).
With a variety of grants available from The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland to assist towards the cost of insulation for houses built prior to 2006, it is a good idea to take advantage of this benefit as soon as possible.
The following process applies: -
- One of our insulation surveyors will visit your property to complete a thorough survey. The surveyor will look at the suitability of your home for cavity wall insulation and ascertain the depth of cavity that exists.
- The surveyor will provide a detailed quote for carrying out the work as well as inform you of any grants that you may be entitled to.
- A convenient time for the work to be carried out will be agreed with you.
- The outside walls will be drilled in a tried and tested serious of holes to ensure a full fill solution
- The holes will be injected with Thermobead and a bonding agent.
- The holes will be filled with mortar to match the existing finish as closely as possible.
- You can now enjoy a more comfortable and energy efficient home while saving money on your heating bills!
For further information on cavity wall insulation please contact us on callsave 045 838376. or complete our free online enquiry form… click here